Jack,Jill,John and Jane

This page may contain a conversation I had with you or a conversation I overheard or just something I told myself or made up. You will read it like it happened between my four characters Jack , Jill , John and Jane. Well these people do not have any fixed relationship or age. It will change from conversation to conversation. Well what they do have is ,fixed genders. Jack and John will always represent the male gender and Jill and Jane the female gender.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Everyone ultimately becomes a memory. I want to be a good memory.

Monday, June 04, 2007

The home coming

Jill: Hey, you are coming back home. You must be excited. Home food, your room, parents wow!! Welcome back.

Jane: Jill, it is nice to come back true. Yes but I have changed. I am not the same person I used to be when I was there. My parents will be in for a shock. I wonder how I will fit in again.

Jill: Yup, I know that feeling I felt the same way when I returned too. It took a long time for my parents to reconcile to the fact I am different. But, they will accept you and you will again change. So just be ready for a few weeks of adjustments and then you will be comfortable again. After all it’s home. There’s no place like that.

Jane: I hope so. I am torn between these two worlds. When I did not know this existed I was happy there. Now I have seen this part of life. I don’t want to go back totally. I will miss it all.

Jill: It was a good experience being there. There are many things you have learnt which you would not have at home. But that is not life Jane. In the end it is at home that you have to stay. You can’t always stay in a hostel, can you?

Jane: I know Jill. But I hate the routine I will have to keep at home. I like it here. I get up when I want to, eat what I want to, dress the way I want to, have friends come in at anytime, walk out at anytime and sleep when I want to.

Jill: Yes Jane I agree all that is fun. But trust me once you get back you will like the routine. Tell me how many times have you felt insecure when opening the door of your apartment? How many times have you craved for the door to be opened when you ring the bell? How many times have you wished to find hot food waiting for you on the table, or have your mother say that dress is tight go change? How many times have you wanted to tell your friends to just shut up and leave you alone? And how many times when you were at home have you felt all this?

Jane: True I have felt so many things here that I never had at home. Jill I used to throughout my stay here wish and pray to go back home. But now that it is coming to an end I am scared, a little unsure and it bothers me I am not my Momma’s girl anymore and am not my father’s princess anymore. I am scared of being rejected for who I am.

Jill: Hey Jane, you will always be your dad’s Princess and Momma’s girl. Yes, they may reject a few habits you have picked up, but they won’t reject you. Yes, there are going to be a few arguments. But surely they will slowly realize you have grown up. In the end you will surely find a balance. You will don’t worry.

Jane: I am coming back Jill. Atlast! I am coming back “home”. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Change the only constant thing in life....and time+situations we face in life, makes us confront few bitter-sweet choices one has to make & we will have to move-on, No matter what. Because that's the only way one would enjoy being in the present :P
p.e.a.c.e !

10:31 PM  
Blogger Rafiki said...

@anon: :) True

9:45 AM  
Blogger ಅಪ್ಪು..... said...

Hey...Nice article.....

When u r in Hostel....???

really i am planning to go back to my HOME....Pal...

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home